It’s a common misconception that if you’re not making money, you’re not doing anything. What people don’t realize is that there are many different ways to make money without actually working for someone else and the key is to find the right side hustle. In this blog post, we’ll talk about how to find your way out of the plantation day job and into a life where you can spend more time on what matters most.
You’re thinking about how to transition out of your full-time job and going full-time in your side hustle. You want to take some time off from your day job and focus on other projects that excite you more but need money for living expenses. You have a side hustle in mind that could make an impact, but don’t know where and when to start.
The problem with most people and small business owners, in general, is they end up quitting their day job far too soon. The only time that this becomes a sustainable source of income is when you can extract enough money from your side hustle, yet still have enough money to grow the business. The first step is to figure out what you’re good at.
Not just in terms of hobbies, but also skills that will translate into money-making opportunities like
- Graphic design (Logo Design, Website Design)
- Social Media Marketing (Facebook Ads Campaigns, Instagram Influencer Campaigns)
- Personal Branding
- Blog Post Creation
- Business Coaching
When I started, I was working at a 9-5, I had a decent salary. And somebody came to me to get a house because I got good credit and because I have a good job. And I was like okay how much can we make. I sign the paperwork. To make the long story short, I was the one that was ended up with the second mortgage I could not afford. And that was the one that put me into bankruptcy. I started selling stuff online using eBay and the business took off.
At some point, I’m thinking I was on the plantation 8 hours a day. And thinking what my life would be like if I spent my 8hrs working for myself? That I can grow this business much faster to greater things if I will not spending 8 hours of my day on somebody else business.
You’re going to want to quit your 9-5 job so that you can be the boss. I can relate to that how frustrating it is when you’re stuck at a job you don’t enjoy and no freedom and would rather work on a side hustle instead that could eventually turn into something bigger. Now let’s look at how you can turn your side hustle into your main hustle.
Quitting your job isn’t easy. You might feel lost, not knowing what to do with all the time you have freed up in your day. So how can we tackle this?
I’ve put together Six Steps that will give you some direction on where to start and get yourself going as a full-time entrepreneur
- Stay positive.
- Stay focused.
- Start investing in yourself and your business.
- Track your money, time, and what you’re spending it on to see where the money is going and how much you’re making or losing each week/month so that you can plan accordingly.
- Think of your side hustle as a hobby.
- Don’t give up. If you don’t feel like it’s going anywhere, take a break and come back to it later. If this business idea doesn’t work out for you, try another one until something sticks.
Aspects to keep in mind about going with side hustle full time
- Maybe it’s worth trading some of your time to get more FREEDOM. Many people who work on side hustles end up making better money than they would have if they were working a normal full time job, and oftentimes feel much happier with their life because they have the opportunity to do what makes them happy and feel fulfilled.
- You have to wait until your side hustle is making enough money to replace the financial stability that you have now.
What is your day job? How much time are you willing to spend on side hustles each month if it means escaping the plantation day job?
Share your story below of how to escape the plantation day job and what is working for you.
Can’t wait to hear your thoughts!
Are you ready to focus on important tasks and avoid distraction and time wasters? Visit the Free Facebook Group to receive expert help: http://www.ExpertGrowthHacking.com